New Zealand citizens and permanent resident holders from the Portuguese citizen are now able to apply for a new visa – called an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) – without having to leave New Zealand.
What is a Visa?
A visa is a document that permits a person to enter or remain in a particular country. A visa can be issued by the authorities of a country to someone who is not a citizen of that country, for example, a foreigner visiting for tourism, business, study or medical treatment. Most countries require visitors to have a valid passport. NEW ZEALAND VISA FOR SINGAPORE CITIZENS
What are the Requirements for a New Zealand Visa?
Requirements for a New Zealand Visa
If you are a Singapore citizen and want to visit New Zealand, your visa requirements are as follows:
-You must have an onward ticket from Singapore to New Zealand.
-You must have valid proof of residence in Singapore (for example, a valid passport or permanent residency card).
-You must also have the correct visa type for your nationality (for example, a New Zealand visa for Singapore citizens).
– You must meet all other required documentation, such as a valid passport.
Steps for Getting a New Zealand Visa for Singapore Citizens
If you are a Singapore citizen and want to visit New Zealand for tourism or business, you will need to obtain a New Zealand visa. The visa process can be a bit complicated, but there are several steps you can take to make the process easier. NEW ZEALAND VISA FOR PORTUGUESE CITIZENS
1) First, make sure that you have all of the required documents. You will need your passport photo, proof of residence in Singapore (usually your valid driver’s license), and proof of funds (usually a recent bank statement). Make sure that the documents you provide match what is listed on your visa application form.
2) Next, gather the required applications materials. You will need the visa application form (available from most New Zealand embassies or consulates), payment for visa fees (in cash or money order made out to the Department of Internal Affairs), and your passport photo. Note that some embassy/consulate offices may require additional documentation, such as proof of health insurance or an investment portfolio worth $5,000 NZD ($3,500 USD).
3) Submit all of your application materials to the appropriate office. Most embassies and consulates accept applications between 8:00am and 4:00pm local time, although some may accept applications outside these hours depending on their specific schedule. Make sure that you submit your application in person if possible; some offices may not accept faxed applications.
4) Once your application is accepted, you will receive an appointment letter which will indicate when you should come for
Steps for Getting a New Zealand Visa for Portuguese Citizens
If you are a Portuguese citizen and want to visit or stay in New Zealand, then follow these steps:
1. Check if you need a visa.
You will need a visa if you are staying longer than three months and you are not a citizen of Australia, Canada, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Singapore, South Africa or the United States. If you are visiting for less than three months and your only purpose of travel is tourism, then you do not require a visa. However, if you will be working in New Zealand or study here for more than six months you will need to apply for an electronic visa (e-visa). The e-visa can take up to two weeks to process so be sure to have all the necessary documents ready when applying. You can find out more on the Immigration New Zealand website [link].
2. Get your passport and visa application form ready.
You will need your passport which must be valid for at least six months after your planned departure from New Zealand and your visa application form (available from Immigration New Zealand). Make sure that all of the information on the form is correct as mistakes may invalidate your application. If possible, also bring copies of all of the documents that prove your identity and citizenship (passport photo page, driver’s license records, birth certificate etc.). If applying online then make sure that your computer has an internet connection and have Microsoft Office installed on it as this is needed to complete the